Poking At Things

So I sent out copies to the short list of folks who I felt I could trust with my novel.

The only response to the manuscript itself has been "um, why did you do your paragraph breaks that way?" coupled with a promise to read in more detail when time was available.

I held my breath for a month and a half and avoided even looking at the thing, lest I find myself changing words and then having to send the thing all over again. Then, a few nights ago in a fit of insomnia, I finally reached some kind of breaking point and ended up rewriting two scenes in one particular chapter.

I packed up the revised chapter and sent it out. This time, I got a few responses of the "life's been crazy busy" variety. Can't really complain about that, given that I knew that was likely to be the case going in. Any response I get at all is a gift, and I accept that.

I think I will probably continue to refine the language and restrain myself from any rewrites that will significantly affect the structure of the novel itself until I get some feedback from my inner circle on whether the story itself holds up or not, which is the main thing I'm worried about.

So we shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

NaNoWriMo Day 22: Just the Stats