Hello Hello Again Again

I just pointed some people to this blog, which I take as a hint that I should update the thing so the last entry isn't over a year ago. My various streams of income have been very demanding and I have been writing actual fictional stuff in the free time in between. And NaNoWriMo pretty much ate my November.

But one of my New Year's resolutions was to do twelve posts in my various blogs (in totality--not per blog) and I just finished another resolution of submitting The Two Kinds of Magic to at least five agents, so I'm feeling like things are possible.

I'm working on two things right now. One is a short(ish) story called Vexations which I was starting in the previous entry here. (It was 7,000 words then; it clocks in at 14,000 words now.) The other is a detailed outline of this coming November's NaNoWriMo effort. (It's a sequel to last year's--I guess I just didn't want the story to end.) I've sniffed out some potential places to submit Vexations once I've run it past my writers' groups. The NaNovel is chronically unpublishable (I can say this before I've even written it) but it's so fun to work with, I call it 'cake.' So when I'm talking about having cake, I'm not talking about scarfing down frosting-covered delicious goodness. I'm talking about working on (tentative title) The London Trial.

But I've been gorging myself on cake, and still have yet to integrate the feedback I've gotten so far on Vexations into the work itself. (Writers' groups are awesome and I wish I'd joined one much earlier--I'll probably have a blog post about them soon.) So it's time to whip out the excuse notes. Every day I don't work on Vexations, I have to write and post an excuse note here.

If things go well, you won't be seeing too many of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

NaNoWriMo Day 22: Just the Stats