NaNoWriMo, Day One

I started just after midnight. Skipped the headliner at the EARL just so I could get home, fire up the laptop and get started. I even wrote some preliminary lines in my catbook as I waited at stop lights all the way home. Got a few hundred words in, went to bed, took advantage of the extra hour of sleep and then got up and wrote some more in between my usual Sunday business.

I'm at 2500 words already and I could call it a day easily, but this thing has already become an addiction--just a few more lines, a few more words, one more scene and then I'll quit. Really.

The compulsive quality is probably helped by the sheet of graph paper I'm using to visually track my word count, so I nudge myself to just a few more words to fill in just one more square and the next thing you know I've hashed out a paragraph.

It's . . . pretty crap, but I'm still enjoying writing it, and at least one or two good lines manage to slip through as I progress.

And I think I'm going to try and get just one more sentence in . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

NaNoWriMo Day 22: Just the Stats