No excuses, this time . . .

I knew it had been a while since I'd updated this blog.  I hadn't realized it had been two years.

2013 was the year of The Unpleasantness and after I signed off here I devoted my time to recovering from The Unpleasantness.  My recovery was such that I wasn't able to write much during it but once it was over I was able to devote my time to finishing and revising The Two Kinds of Magic.  It's made the rounds of all the agents I was able to find on AgentQuery.com and gotten either silence or polite refusals.  I've gotten more direct feedback from the writers' groups I attend, as well as a few people who have read the thing all the way though, and it's been overwhelmingly positive.  Even my sister, who didn't like my first novel, had good things to say about it.  So my ego isn't quite as squashed as it might be.

I've sent it to a few publishers that take direct submissions and I think I'll be sending it to a few more before I resort to self-publishing.  I've done it at least once before so I know the basics of it.  But I'd really prefer to have the hassles of marketing and manufacture taken up by someone who is not me.

I hope to be able to resume my 100 Odd Words starting this Saturday.  I have no idea what I'm going to write for it but that's never stopped me before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

The Myth of Time