Project Juneiverse

 Early on in this blog (I'm not going to link to it and embarrass myself) I said that self-publishing was doing the hard work from the wrong end; that the hard work didn't go into making the manuscript perfect enough for a major publisher to pick up, but instead went into notifying the world that your book existed and would anybody like to buy it, please.

Please relax. I have rethought that particular perspective, so please don't expend the effort into defending independent publishing. I'm with you.

The fourteen-odd novels I've crafted with the help of National Novel Writing Month somehow wove themselves into a unified world which I've taken to calling the Juneiverse, after the main character in a novel called Soft Places, which I tried to revise and submit to agents but got nowhere with. (The last time I reread it, I understood why.) I hope to retell June's story one day in a much better version, but first...

The first NaNoWriMo I have successfully completed, Christophina's Wings, has been completely rebooted and I'm preparing to put it out under the auspices of Juneiverse Press. I already have an LLC for freelance work; I plan to do a DBA filing to operate under that name. My goal is to revamp most if not all of the NaNo projects into presentable novels and release them there.

I'm writing this here so the world will know, and thus I'll have to do it. I'm also writing this to document the process and perhaps help somebody else who's muddling through the world of independent publishing.

I'll get into what I've done so far soon. For now, I'm planting the flag of intention. Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

Endings