NaNoWriMo Day 17: Crossing the Line

 Word count: 29,019

Finally. One of the features of the NaNoWriMo website is the chance to see where you are compared to where you should be when you update your wordcount. There is a nice, clean, diagonal line (the par line) that rises from Day 1 up to Day 30 with marks every 1,667 words or so. When your wordcount gets updated, a darker line that shows your own progress appears. If you're on schedule, your line is alongside the par line. If you're doing well, it's above the par line. And if it's not going well...

I was above par for the first day of NaNoWriMo and then fell behind for days on end. One day I only got in 93 words. It took many intensive mornings and evenings before and after work to pull ahead and catch up. But I have managed. I feel I can breathe a little now.

First line of the day: I agree with the concept, though I do feel a little deprived because I desperately need the stress release.

Last line of the day: Julie tromps back to where her bag is (a rolling carryon with characters from the Squid Candy cartoon on it) and grabs the handle.

Bad summary: Young woman makes preparations for wedding, reads news article about herself, and makes the mistake of reading the comments. Young man reads comments to her. Young woman has a long call with her mother, who worries about her.

Makes sense in context: “Go ahead and freak out, if you like. I told you the right kinds of people would be into it.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo: The Aftermath

NaNoWriMo Day 30: The End

The Myth of Time